Wedding Day Tips for NKP Couples
- Make sure that at least one bridesmaid knows how to bustle your dress before the reception.
- Have food delivered to your prep location. The day will be busy and it's good to make sure you get to eat and stay hydrated throughout.
- Always plan for more time than you think is necessary for hair and makeup (I recommend planning for 45 minutes per service per person), and plan to be done with both no later than 1 hour before you need to leave for your ceremony or first look. This will allow you to take your time getting dressed and finalize all the last minute details in a stress-free environment.
- Have a wedding day emergency kit of must have items for getting ready containing things like: stain remover, dental floss, double-sided fashion tape, bobby pins, safety pins, mints, a sewing kit, tissues, pain reliever, tampons, lip gloss and deodorant. I'll also be bringing along my bag of goodies.
- Have a rain plan. If the forecast calls for a good chance of rain, buy some cute umbrellas for you and your wedding party. Leave the tags on, and if it doesn't rain you can always return them. I always have 9 of these clear umbrellas in my car, just in case!
Detail Shot List
Please plan to have any little details that you'd like to be photographed with you and ready to go for my arrival, as I will start with those as you finish up with hair and makeup. This may entail coordinating with your wedding party or family members who will be with you as you get ready. Refer to the list of suggested items below to help gather the items that you'd like photographed the morning of your wedding. Of course, if there are any other things not on this list that are special to you, include them as well.
- Dress (on a pretty hanger)
- Rings (the engagement ring and both wedding bands should be together)
- Jewelry (clean and in their boxes)
- Watch (date and time set correctly)
- Any headpiece or veil you'll be wearing
- Bouquets and boutonnieres (have them delivered to the prep locations before we arrive so they can be photographed at their freshest)
- Stationery (invitation set, program, menu, save the dates, etc.)
- Any gifts given to bridesmaids and groomsmen
- Garter (if doing a garter/bouquet toss)
- Any gifts or letters to be exchanged between the couple (don't open before we arrive!)
- Any special heirlooms or keepsakes
- Your something old, new, borrowed and blue
Nicole Klym Photography is based out of New Jersey and available for travel for an additional fee.
Copyright © 2021